The Ebbs Chapel Performing Arts Center was founded on the grounds of the community's school. The first school on this site was constructed in the late 1800's. The current building was built in 1938 near the end of the depression era. The school was closed and abandoned in 1974. In 2001, local residents banded together in an effort to save the historic building from demolition. The theater has been fully refurbished. The building itself is now stabilized from further decline with a new roof and windows throughout. Work continues on the restoration of the classrooms proceeding one room at a time. It is anticipated that in the immediate future, that space will be devoted to the sale of local crafts and art works.